A Bead and a Prayer by Kristen E. Vincent
Do you ever struggle with prayer? Maybe your mind wanders, you wonder if God even hears your prayers, or you just don’t know what to pray.
A Bead and a Prayer introduces Protestant prayer beads as a tool for connecting with God. This 4-week Bible study is designed for people with no experience in using prayer beads. You will discover answers to such questions as:
- Why use prayer beads?
- Is it really okay for Protestants to use beads in prayer?
- What do the beads mean?
- How do I use prayer beads?
Other features of the book include
- a brief history of the use of prayer beads
- easy instructions for making prayer beads
- prayers and devotions to use with the beads
- resources for making or purchasing your own set of prayer beads
Praying with beads may be exactly what you need to stay focused in your prayers. Consider sharing this experience with your prayer or Bible study group. Youth also enjoy making the prayer beads and learning to use them. The book includes a Leader’s Guide for groups.